Wednesday, January 11, 2017

PACKING DAY (FOR THOSE I HAVE DISAGREED WITH IN THE PAST EIGHT YEARS)

Barack Obama represented me for eight years. Apart from the military actions he inherited and was tasked to perform, his words and his behaviors made me proud. I accepted him.

Those of you who opposed and worked to thwart Obama, you now have another person stepping in to represent you. 

He will not represent me, but his words and actions will be what I think of when I think of you. 

What he says will be your words; his actions will be yours as well. What he says and does will reflect all the things you claimed to want and need. 

He is the choice of your party and he is the image of your beliefs, ideas, policies, and religion.

There is nothing more to argue. The last eight years have seen truth itself dissolve into a mud puddle in the park. All lies were welcomed; people insisted on believing what they wanted to believe, despite hard evidence to the contrary. 

We could be told it was a deluge on a sunny day.

The arguing is over. The proof-texting has reached the dead end that was always inevitable. 

There should be something amusing about this. Perhaps I will find a place in the world to laugh.

I am going away again. Months at a time, I will find myself on the road, wandering, seeking sacrifices to be made, knowing well the cost and willing to face the challenge.

I am packing today. Packing, then repacking. My life will be bundled up. I hope there is room for the dignity of the last decade. I think there's still some around. For me, at least.







No comments:

Post a Comment